COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sew With Me September - The Cargo Duffle Bag

Whew! I finished my bag! The last component of my coordinates for the Sew-A-Long. 
After not having time to work on it Saturday or Sunday, I was starting to get worried that I wouldn't get it completed!
I worked all day yesterday, to get it finished.

The pattern is free from Robert Kaufman Fabrics. (You can get here.
I omitted the pocket flaps and next time around, I'm going to make the handles skinnier. It's slightly awkward holding it with them being so wide.

There are a few mistakes...(per usual) but for my first bag I'm super happy! 

I didn't know if the hearts were going too much and a little childish but it turned out okay!


The bag gave me the opportunity to use the walking foot that came with the Singer sewing machine I thrift-ed back in June. 
(I'll share it with ya'll one of these days...
All I can say is..."Wow!" Walking feet make a ton of difference! 
Along with the power of the all metal machine and the foot it sewed all the layers of fabric like a dream! 

From the stash:
- Fabric
- Thread
- Zipper
- Interfacing
From the store:
- Quilt Batting

The Run Down of all the pieces...





I had a blast doing the Sew-A-Long! It was fun to stretch myself with having to coordinate everything and I'm so happy to have that heart fabric out of the stash! 
If it wasn't for the Sew-A-Long the heart fabric would still be in the stash and I would still be puzzled on what to make with it! 
I also really enjoyed the time frames put on each project as it helped keep me productive!



Speaking of the time frames... I thought my next project would be to keep working on the 1950s dress for a friend. ...TaMera had a different plan! She asked me to make her a fall shirt for an event on Saturday!! *enter freaked out emoji*


Off to frantically start sewing a blouse!
-'- Jewel


Fabric busted on these projects: 2 yards (1.8288 m)
Fabric busted since March 1st, 2015: 57 5/8 yards. (52.6923 m)
See Jewel's pledge and get more information on the 2015 Stashbusting Sewalong HERE





We would love to hear from you! Say a quick "hello" in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs