COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Monday, January 04, 2016

Tiffany's 1960's Shift Dress {Simplicity 1609}




I'm happy to say that one of my projects for my 2016 Make Nine and also the Pattern Review - Pattern Stash Contest is finished! 

I made Tiffany a shift dress using Simplicity 1609 that is a 1960's Jiffy pattern reprint. I think I bought the pattern in early 2014...either way it was one of my first pattern shopping sprees.

The fabric is from the stash and sadly there is still some left. I was hoping that this dress would use it all up...but no. There is still a yard or so to be used up - when I figure out what to make using music note fabric! lol

I omitted the buttons that version A had and also added some tucks to the back for a better fit.
Next time, I'm going to follow my gut and cut the front on the fold. I feel like the center front seam takes away from the dress.

Overall; I'm happy with the result and Tiffany likes it which is the goal.
-'- Jewel




Fabric used on this project: 2 3/4 yards (2.5146m)
Fabric used since January 1st, 2016: 2 3/4 yards (2.5146m)
See my 2016 stashbusting pledge HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs