Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Monday, September 23, 2013
I was at my Grandparents the other day and found a sewing basket in the back room. Which of course ended in a photoshoot.
Great natural lighting, vintage sewing stuff, wooden floors! What more could you ask for...well maybe not the background of the back room (boxes and food) but you have to work with what you have :)
Just a little peek...
This is a needle threader...I really don't have the slightest idea how to use it.
While going through the basket there was one thing I noticed...How much the price of thread went up! Some said just 29 cents!
It would never be that cheap these days, even if it was Black Friday or a super, super, super, super (I think you get my point) sale!
A ball of thread...very...very tangled...
Love wooden spools!
Here is something interesting: the two bottom spools are wooden, six of the other ones are styrofoam the only plastic one is the red thread (top left). I had no idea that at one point Styrofoam was used for spools of thread.
Organized the basket a little bit after the "shoot" was through. I didn't feel the need to throw away the ball of thread...who knows it might come in handy for a rainy day!
Friday, September 20, 2013
We forgot to take a "before picture" - just imagine cheap zebra fabric with bubblegum pink buttons and trim ALL the way around...
It did have decent legs, they didn't match the zebra-ness at all.
We used an old potato sack we found in that buffet we started on HERE.
If you use a potato sack I would highly suggest washing it first. Possibly a couple times before use.
It orignally had 5 pink buttons but only had 3 still attached when we received it. We filled in the cracks and dips with pillow stuffing.
Our Dad's "heavy duty" stapler...
Since it was an old potato sack, it had a lot of holes, tears and extra thin areas. We used a cotton print underneath because we didn't have time to come up with a patching system.
Lots of staples... And not a very pretty stapling job. (Our stapler was giving us problems)
One of the aforementioned holes...
Pretty much finished product - we may add some things eventually but this is it for now.