Friday, September 20, 2013

Wisconsin: Ottoman Refashion





We forgot to take a "before picture" - just imagine cheap zebra fabric with bubblegum pink buttons and trim ALL the way around...


It did have decent legs, they didn't match the zebra-ness at all.


We used an old potato sack we found in that buffet we started on HERE
If you use a potato sack I would highly suggest washing it first. Possibly a couple times before use.




It orignally had 5 pink buttons but only had 3 still attached when we received it. We filled in the cracks and dips with pillow stuffing.


Our Dad's "heavy duty" stapler...


Since it was an old potato sack, it had a lot of holes, tears and extra thin areas. We used a cotton print underneath because we didn't have time to come up with a patching system.





Lots of staples... And not a very pretty stapling job. (Our stapler was giving us problems)



One of the aforementioned holes...


Pretty much finished product - we may add some things eventually but this is it for now.




~Kimberly



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs