COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Thrift Store Score - Navy Knit Fabric (To Two Skirts!)


I found this navy knit at the sack sale where everything, TaMera and I bought ended up being a nickel. (We stuffed that $3 sack!)

On the tag it said there was 1 1/4 yards of fabric at 60" wide.

Well, it was off by almost 2 3/4 yards! It was closer to 5 yards!! 
What a fun surprise and one I didn't keep to myself!




I sewed  McCall's M6706 skirt D, for me. 

The skirt is super comfortable!

Also, at the sack sale I found a navy 7 inch zipper and it was exactly what the pattern called for! Another item from the stash busted!

It pairs great with my yellow gingham blouse!
(You can read about that HERE)

 
I decided to sew Kimberly a skirt and surprise her by mailing it!

Because, I forgot to get her measurements during Christmas break...I chose a safe route with Simplicity 1201, a pull-on knit skirt.

I went with skirt A.
It looked more forgiving than the other options

The most expensive part of the skirt was the elastic, which I found on clearance for a dollar! :D
I think the skirt cost like $3.06 and that's including the pattern! (Bought on one of my 99 cent pattern sale runs)






Happy Tuesday!
-'- Jewel







Fabric busted on the skirts: 4 3/8 yds. (4.0005 m)
Fabric busted since 03/01/15: 10 5/8 yds. (8.8011 m)
See my pledge and get more information on the 2015 Stashbusting Sewalong HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs