Saturday, March 28, 2015

A Yellow Gingham Blouse


I made my first blouse and in no way my last!

When I found this yellow gingham in the stash, I knew right away it was going to be a blouse!

There was about a yard and a half. Making my choices very limited.

Simplicity 1364, (A 1960s Jiffy reprint) fit the bill, perfectly.

I was hoping to have enough to add the sleeves or make the tie belt. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. ...Still, a little sad about that. :(

I tried pre-washing the fabric, ironing it, steam ironing it, and have come to the conclusion that the creases are from being folded and stored in the tote for so long.

Another good reason to get that stashed used!

-'- Jewel

From the stash:
- 1 yard yellow gingham fabric
- thread
- pattern





Fabric busted on this project: 1 1/4 yard (0.9144 m)
Fabric busted since March 1st, 2015: 5 1/2 yards (4.8006 m)
See my pledge and get more information on the 2015 Stashbusting Sewalong HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs