COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Thrift Store Score - Kearney Pattern Haul

Every year, we go to Kearney and have fun...while Dad sits in a seminar. ;) Of course, we went thrifting and I found some keepers!

Vintage Caftan Pattern


Going through the Salvation Army, nothing was really calling my name until I came to the craft area. On a bottom shelf was a box of patterns. Digging through, I didn't see any that interested me, that is, until the second to last one. Yes, that's where I saw this Caftan pattern. 

I quickly answered all the questions my brain threw at me.
Unique pattern or clothing type? Yep!
In our* sizes? Absolutely. It's a one size pattern! (*Kimberly, TaMera or me)
Easy to modernize? With the right fabric!
Good price? Totally...not much you can buy with forty-five cents, anymore!

And the last question, I couldn't answer until we were back at the hotel.
All the pattern pieces? Thankfully, that ended up being a yes, too!

This simple to sew in a jiffy pattern takes a whopping 5 1/8" worth of material! Like, whoa! The finished bottom width comes in at 102". 

Thank you Patti for donating to your Salvation Army! I thank you! :)


Simplicity Retro 1940's Dress Pattern


We stopped at the thrift store called U Can Offer.
Last year, I found my "Reading Railroad Bookends" there and was hopeful to find something again!
My finding this pattern was much like that of the Caftan pattern. A box on the bottom shelf of the craft area. The only difference, this was a box of all brand new Simplicity patterns! 

I only bought the ones I knew I might make one day. 
Like a 1940's dress? Why did I even make that a question? Or that? hahaha


Because it was a box of new patterns it had both size envelopes! At $2, I went with both!

I'm thinking about watching some Agent Carter and getting inspiration!

Simplicity Project Runway Dress Pattern


I have never bought a Project Runway inspired pattern and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed! There are six different variations to the one pattern! S-I-X! If you divide $2 by 6 that's 33 cents per dress! 

 Look at the purple dress! I love the sleeves!

Simplicity 1940's Blouse Pattern


This pattern is a blouse reprint from the 1940s.
I love that it's a button down with a feminine shape and that bow in the back! Perfection!


 A blouse is something I have never sewn before. This looks quite simple. ...Maybe not the buttons and button holes. :) Not going to let those get me down!

 I wonder if any of the buttons I've found semi-recently would work? You can see those HEREHERE and HERE.
-'- Jewel

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy reading about your unique, thrifty finds!

    ReplyDelete

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs