COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Testing, Testing, 1 2 3 {Salamanca Cropped Jacket & Seville Skirt by Itch To Stitch Designs}


I had the honor of testing two of the four new pattern from Itch To Stitch Designs. The Salamanca Cropped Jacket and the Seville Skirt

The picture above right is the only good photo of the skirt that I got out of 18! It was not a good day to get pictures…apparently. ;)

Anyways…in celebration of the four new releases you can get a 20% discount on every pattern in the Itch To Stitch design store! Get the code and all the details on the Itch to Stitch blog HERE.



The jacket fabric is from my Grandmother and came as a set along with the lining fabric.
I desperately wanted to use the red polka dotted lining fabric as a main fabric for something…but unfortunately there was sections of sun spots that would've been extremely difficult to work with.
Now, I love the jacket even more with the peek-a-boo lining! I am super super pleased!! Since the majority of the lining is hidden you don't see the discoloration! Yay!


This was my first time making a jacket and the Salamanca Jacket was the best pattern to start out on!
The pattern was well drafted and I learned some new techniques, too!
The pattern also comes with placement for buttons and buttonholes, I omitted them because it's rare for me to wear a jacket closed.


I was nervous about inserting the lining…especially around the armholes but the way Kennis explained how to do it and the illustrations, gave me no need to be worried! It was very simple!

Kimberly was gracious enough to style the jacket, take and edit the photos! This shoot would not have happened without her! Thanks a bunch sis!

The book shown throughout the photos is called "The Coat Route" it's a real-life story about how a $50,000 coat came to be! You should check it out! I don't think you will be disappointed! 
-'- Jewel

Fabric used on these projects: 6 3/8  yards (5.8293m)
Fabric sewn this year: 29 1/8 yards (25.7175m)
Fabric purchased this year: 19 7/8  yards (18.1737m)
Fabric stash-busted this year: 9 1/2 yards (8.6868m)
See my 2016 stashbusting pledge HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs