COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Thrift Store Score - Looking A Little Green Fabric (to Skirt!)

This fabric was bought before March 1st and is a busted piece from my stash!


Twice a year my favorite thrifting spot has a Sack Sale.
A sack is $3 and you can stuff that thing! 

In TaMera and I's main sack we got 64 items which came out to five cents per item!!
We had a blast!
She got mostly yarn and I got mostly sewing related stuff. 
Like...this fabric!



With it only being a yard, I decided to use the same pattern as my House Skirt
McCall's M6438 skirt A.

I would of loved to have made it longer. 
(I don't enjoy wearing short skirts/dresses) 

I told Samantha;
 "If I want it longer, I'll have to lose some inches on my midsection so it rides lower." :) 

...I don't foresee that happening anytime soon. haha

This skirt cost me 10 cents!
I bought the fabric and the zipper at the sack sale. The matching thread was already in my stash!

From the stash:
- 1 yd. of fabric
- 7 in. zipper
- thread
- pattern
- interfacing (for waistband)

Happy Thrift Store Score Tuesday!
-'- Jewel


Fabric used in this project: 1 yd. (0.9144 m)
Fabric busted since 03/01/15: 4 1/4 yds. (3.8862 m)
See my pledge and get more information on the 2015 Stashbusting Sewalong HERE


Photography: TaMera


No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs