Sunday, April 26, 2015

The 1950's Polka-dot Dress

Yesterday morning, TaMera told me she wanted to wear the dress I was working on to church. 

With the armhole facings, underskirt, lining, side zipper and hems...I didn't think I would be able to meet her "deadline". 

Gladly, at 9:17PM...I finished the last stitch! 

Let me tell you, I was tired and done sewing by that time. But the look on her face, when I told her it was ready, made it all worth it! :)

Pattern: 
Simplicity 1459 (1950's reprint.) 

Changes made
Added another button to the front.

From the stash:
- Fabric - Zipper 
-Thread - Pattern - Interfacing
 

Happy Sunday!
-'- Jewel


Fabric busted on this project: 5 yards (4.572 m)
Fabric busted since March 1st, 2015: 25 7/8 yards. (22.7457 m)
See my pledge and get more information on the 2015 Stashbusting Sewalong HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs