COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Monday, July 06, 2015

July 4th Attire

First off, I want to say Happy Independence Day! I know it's a couple days late. 
We celebrated yesterday because I got home from my three week trip Sunday morning at 12:40am! :)

Here's what we wore to the cook-out! 


Joe B. skater skirt (Gordman's - $12.99)
Jockey Person To Person black tank (gift)
Nicaragua leather & copper wire bracelet (market - C$40 [US$1.47]
Lacy headband (Shopko Hometown - $2.38)


Last week, I had an entirely different outfit planned out to wear to the cook-out. When Friday rolled around, I realized I wanted to wear something more patriotic and not the outfit I had in my head.

I didn't want to go shopping...the other option was sew something. Except, I was in Texas at Samantha's...but wait she has a sewing machine and the basic supplies! Yay!

All I needed was the materials. 
Samantha and I went to Hancock (on Friday) during their 4th of July sale and bought what I needed. 

I choose Simplicity 1133 frankly because it's a "Super Jiffy" pattern, its one piece, and no zippers. 

The pattern was an odd length on me and I thought the solution was making it longer...uhh...yep. Nope. That's wasn't right. 
Although, it doesn't look horrible as a dress. You can tell something is off and it felt like an overly covering apron. :-/ Not what I want to wear to a cook out with hamburgers and hot dogs. Lol


The real solution was making it shorter than the pattern was.

I pinned the bottom up to a good length, counted how many squares it was, cut it and double rolled hemmed it. 
Now that's what I had in my head to look like!


After I got off the initial shock of "I sewed this on Friday, flew home Saturday, changed it and wore it on Sunday"...I actually really liked the way it turned out! It's a comfortable shirt to wear, too!

Blouse: Simplicity 1133 | Fabric: Hancock Fabrics
Shorts: Levi's (Thrifted)
Sandals: Payless Shoe Source


Tank Top: Gordman's
Shorts: DIY Bleach Shorts
Earrings: Gift


Happy(?) Monday!
-'- Jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs