COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Mini Tania Culottes [Megan Nielsen Patterns]

I'm excited to share with you another new project!
It actually feels weird to be sharing a new project with you already. This year my sewing has been going sooooo slow. Slow enough that is seems I hardly finish a garment a month...
I really wish it wasn't "sew". ;)
 Enough of all this sad talk...let's talk culottes!

Culottes are...


...weird.
They are shorts but yet they are a skirt...but they aren't. (Like I said weird)

...one of those things you don't know you're missing out on until you get one.
To me culottes are this amazing invention. 
When you want to wear a skirt but with the practicality of shorts/pants they are the option.

...destined to become a favorite.
When I was younger, one of my favorite outfits was this pair of dark brown culottes that had super wide legs which gave the look of a maxi skirt. I chose to wear them ALL the time! Could this happen with the Tanias as well?? 

 / Lace Top: American Eagle (Brand new secondhand from Plato's Closet) / Pink cami: Jockey P2P (Seasons ago) / Catch-All Sling Bag: Knitted by TaMera / Shoes: Payless Shoe Source (2014) \

I'm rather impressed with the Tania pattern! I thought it was going to be a long sew (not complicated just timely) but I was able to sew them up in a weekend! 
Next time, I'm going to try the midi or maxi length...although I can totally see myself sewing up another pair of mini's for Summer first. lol
-'- Jewel



  • Stashbusting Sewist Secrets:
  • Pattern: Tania Culottes by Megan Nielsen Patterns - Mini Length (Purchased fall of 2016)
  • Fabric: Gray/Blueish Chambray - Gifted from my cousin-in-law last summer
  • Notions: Invisible Zipper & Thread - JoAnn's Fabric & Crafts
  • Rating: Success! 
  • Fabric stashbusted on project: 1 5/8 yards
  • Fabric stashbusted since January 1st 2017: 11 3/8 yards



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs