COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Seasonal Sew Wardrobe - Spring 16 {AccompList}

Over on the Sew-A-Long group we are doing something a little different. Along with our monthly sew-a-longs, we are also doing a four month sew-a-long.

We are making a wardrobe of eight coordinating pieces and the wardrobe is also going to have a theme. 

My theme is "Out & About".

My wardrobe is based in the nineteen-sixties. The stash is over flowing with prints so I felt like this would be the easiest way to incorporate as many as I can.
(I also have a crazy idea of doing a fashion video to go with...but I'm going to leave it at that... ;))

I'm going to be sewing a dress, two blouses, a pair of pants, one basic tee and one more item.
...Right now, I'm leaning towards a bag or a pill box hat! (The hat possibilty much to my aunt's dismay... Lol)



 The first project is the dress.

The pattern is Simplicity 1101 and the fabric has such a fun print and I have some ideas about different pattern placing! (Which I can't wait to try!!)


One of the blouses is Simplicity 1364 Version A! I made one of these blouses last year but didn't have enough for sleeves so it'll be fun to see what it looks like with them!


I was going to have the skirt be the pencil skirt of Simplicity 2154 but after more thinking. I would never wear it. Why? Because...I don't wear pencil skirts. Like EVER.

Now I'm planning maybe the Brooklyn Skirt by Seamwork Magazine or to scour my patterns from my Grandma's and see if they have one that's more my style while still staying in my groove. ;)



No matter the style this shirt will go well with the skirt. 
I was thinking about using a different pattern for this fabric but there is just enough fabric for version B and no where near enough for the other pattern I was thinking about. (So much for the sleeves again ;))



Next we come to one of the harder projects. (Not that the skirt is going to be incredibly easy.
This fabric has some sheerness to it and I'm going to try a new technique called underlining. 
To underline you cut out your lining and then hand baste the lining fabric pattern piece to the fabric and then the two pieces act as one! (Read more HERE)


I was trying to decide on another top when out of the blue I thought "Why not a basic white tee??" Which is so true I have so much color and prints going on in this collection that a basic would be awesome! And totally understandable since my mini wardrobe is quite out of the ordinary! Haha


Last but not least...the big project! 

The Jacket!!

Simplicity 2154; Version C. This is the only project that I had to buy the main fabric for. (The pants and skirt I need to buy lining fabric.) I found this perfect colored fabric at Jo-Anns and it was on sale!! (:D) I talked it over with the fabric lady and she confirmed my thought that it'd work well.
I'm probably the most nervous about this project and the most excited!! :)


I'm waiting to decide on the eighth item until later just to give some room to be creative. Right now, it might be The Malibu Satchel or a Pill Box Hat or I might want to sew another blouse, skirt, dress or jacket! Like I said, the eighth item isn't in stone yet. So if you have any ideas send them my way!


I can't wait to get started on the tests and just the entire wardrobe! ...of course, I can't let myself start on any of them until I finish some of the other projects on my sewing table for my sanity. ;)


Happy Sewing!!
-'- Jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs