COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Monday, April 03, 2017

My Clueless Dress?? [McCall's 6745]



Kimberly titled this dress the "Clueless Dress" because appearently there's a show (or movie?) called Clueless and the lady wears a yellow plaid dress?? I don't know but it's better then "The Yellow Plaid Dress". So? What am I going to say? haha

If you remember I talked about this dress way back in January in episode 7 of Sewing Desk Sit-Down. (Watch it HERE) It's been almost four months in the making but it's finally finished! 
For some reason once I reached inserting the zipper I didn't touch it until this past weekend...but the zipper is in, the lining sewn down and the hem finished so the dress is complete and wearable!

This is my second rendition of McCall's 6745 the first being the Spring Halt(er) Top Dress I sewed back in 2015! I think I'll get more use out of this version due to it not being a halter top...People look at you weird if you go out in the winter in a halter top... ;) Although, I do wear my white denim jacket which turns their judging eyes away. lol

One of my favorite design elements of this pattern is the pleated skirt. I love the shape, I love the fullness, I love the length and I love that it uses SIX yards of fabric! Yes VI, or S-I-X or 6 yards of fabric! Four and a half of that is in the skirt alone leaving the other foot and a half to the bodice and bodice lining. It will definitely help with my fabric stashbusting numbers this month!

-'- Jewel


  • STASHBUSTING SEWIST SECRETS:
  • PATTERN: McCall's 6745 (PURCHASED January OF 2014)
  • FABRIC: black fabric for bodice - Grandmother's Stash 
  • Yellow Plaid Fabric thrifted from Goodwill for $3.99 Purchased february 2016 
  • NOTIONS: INVISIBLE ZIPPER - Walmart
  • RATING: SUCCESS! 
  • FABRIC STASHBUSTED ON PROJECT: 6 YARDS
  • FABRIC STASHBUSTED SINCE JANUARY 1ST 2017: 20 3/8 YARDS
  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs