COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Monday, April 11, 2016

Banana Bread 🍌 (gluten free!)


It took a few tries but I think I've worked out the kinks in my banana bread. I've adapted the recipe I grew up eating to be gluten free - (yay!). 🐵🍌







But let's just get to why you came here; the recipe. 

3 tbsp. sugar
3 tbsp. brown sugar
3/4 cup mashed, overripe banana
6 tbsp. oil
1 egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla
1/4 cup almond meal (I prefer almond meal but I've also used oat flour - it gives it a less sweet, more savory flavor)
3/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I used Living Now Gluten Free)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. 

Grease 8x8 glass baking dish. 

Combine sugars, banana, oil, egg and vanilla. Mix well. 

In separate bowl, mix together almond meal, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. (Make sure there are no baking soda or baking powder lumps.)

Add the flour mixture to banana mixture and mix together. (Don't over mix.) Add nuts and combine.

Pour into greased baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs