COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Monday, August 31, 2015

Facing my Fears with Chevron Shorts! {McCall's M7165}


The theme for August in the Stashbust-ing group was "Face Your Fears!" 
One of my fears is pattern matching. 
Because I was supposed to be "Facing My Fears" it was time for TaMera's chevron shorts to finally be made!


Pattern matching didn't turn out to be as bad as I thought. It does take some extra time and planning but all in all it's not terrible. 
I think that was the point of the this theme because I'm not afraid of pattern matching anymore! 

The front goes into the side fronts almost seamlessly.
The waistband didn't end up matching but I worked really hard on getting the center seams and crotch to match. I feel like that makes up for the waistband. haha

This was also my first time sewing shorts (or pants) and I think they turned out okay. I'll have another run at them (pants or shorts) in September during a sew-along I'm joining in on! 

The Stashbusting overview for August comes tomorrow and you are not going to want to miss it!
Talk to you then!
-'- Jewel




From the stash:
- 2 yards Chevron Printed Duck
- Thread
- 7 in. Zipper
- Interfacing


Fabric busted on this project: 2 yards (1.8288 m)
Fabric busted since March 1st, 2015: 49 5/8 yards. (45.3771 m)
See Jewel's pledge and get more information on the 2015 Stashbusting Sewalong HERE




We would love to hear from you! Say a quick "hello" in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs