COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Friday, February 27, 2015

The Sewing Desk & Knitting Area


TaMera had stored her yarn in a vintage suitcase for 6 months. It worked, for the first month or so. After that, yarn was getting tangled, needles lost, and just a big mess.

Time for some reorganization!!

I went out to the shed and got the shoe organizer and upcycled it to a yarn organizer. 

(Maybe, turning it on it's side doesn't quite count as upcycling...but. ;)) 

It fit perfectly in the space between the desk and the bed. Her skeins of yarn are in the slots and finished projects in the crate in front.
Above the yarn organizer, sits a basket with the smaller balls of yarn, our books and TaMera's knitting cases.

Our friend Peggy gave us the set of Complete Library of Needlecraft books! 
They have sewing, patchwork, applique, knitting, crochet, hook arts, embroidery, needlepoint, rug making and macramé. I excited about digging in and learning about all of the different kind of arts you can make with needles! The set also make our craft book pile look a lot more impressive!
Right above them, is my Complete Guide to Sewing. (Slightly, hidden by TaMera's knitting cases.)


 TaMera's knitting needles are now stored in a vase on the desk. 


And I leaned something new...my Mom owns a serger. I really had no idea until I found it in the storage room.
The serger has found it's place on the sewing desk. Patiently, waiting for me to find out how to thread and run the machine. I'm thinking Youtube to the rescue! lol


There are five different Thrift Store Scores, I haven't shared with you yet hidden in these pictures.
I better get on that! :)
-'- Jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs