COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Thrift Store Score - White 'N' Red Stripe Fabric {McCall's 6754}



When shopping at thrift stores, it's hard to find a decent amount of decent fabric at a decent price. (Couldn't resist doing the "decent" three! lol)
I was thrilled, when I looked in the drawer at my favorite thrifting stop, and saw this bulk of fabric!

A dollar for 60 inches wide and 2 yards long?? Yes, please!

I used McCall's 6754 Dress D (sleeves C) a knit pattern because the fabric is stretchy. Although, I don't believe it is "technically" a knit. 

It was a fun and challenging dress to sew!

I did have some trouble with a few minor things but nothing that really matters.

Instead of rolling the neckline, I used bias tape because I felt like the dress needed something. It was the exact thing it needed.

I  also added two inches to the bottom of the skirt because I don't like short dresses.

In case, you want to sew a dress with raglan sleeves, it is good to know that there is a right and left sleeve. They aren't universal. ...Trust me, I learned it the hard way. lol
-'- Jewel
Photography: Jewel & TaMera
Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs