COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Thrift Store Score - Robinson Crusoe Book

Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defore is a story of a man's life on an island.
Don't take my word for it though...I've only read the short children's version. (That's going to change soon!) 
I found this book at the Hastings Goodwill for $3.99. ($3.99 seems to be my price lately. lol)
It was originally in the Loomis Public Library in Loomis, Nebraska. 

The book was printed by the World Publishing Co. 
I wish, I knew when it was printed! There isn't a printed date on the book. 
I do know it was after 1935...
See "In 1928 Commercial Bookbinding Co. (in Cleveland, Ohio) bought out its largest competitor, the World Syndicate Publishing Co. of New York, and assumed the name World Publishing Co. in 1935." - The Encyclopedia of Cleveland History
That's how I know it was after 1935. :)
 Happy Thrifting,
-'- Jewel
Photography: TaMera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs