COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Friday, March 20, 2015

Pocketbook ReFashion



Supplies:

- Pocketbook
(Found mine in the $1 bin at Shopko Hometown)
- Paper of your choice.
(I used 12x12 scrapbook paper)
- Glue or Mod Podge
- Binder Clips
- Scissors
- Stamp and Ink (Optional)

Step 1. Is obviously, remove the cover. :)

Step 2. Take your book and lay on top of your paper. Trace the book on the wrong side of the paper with a pencil. Make sure to trace the back, the bind and the front. Cut out your trace.

Step 3. Line up one side of your paper with your book. Clip and flip.

Step 4. Glue on the bind.

Step 5. Put the clips on the binder and wait for glue to dry. (I waited about 30 minutes)

Step 6. Glue remaining sides of paper to outside of the book. Place clips on each corner.
Since, I only had two clips; I switched them to the other two corners after about 15-20 minutes.

Step 7. Carefully trim up edges.

Step 8. Decorate the front however you like. I used a stamp and black ink.
(The stamp is a Thrift Store Score I found in a bundle! I'll be sharing the bundle soon!)
 

I'm using it as a sewing notebook. Writing down ideas, measurements, and future sewing related projects!
-'- Jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs