COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Thrift Store Score - Magna Dominoes


I found these in 2012 during a trip in Orange Beach, Alabama. (The thrift store is actually in the town of Foley, Alabama.) 
I was just starting to grow a love for vintage things. The Dominoes were in the shelf with the games for twenty-five cents. 

Back in 2012, when I looked them up on the internet, there was two people selling them. Making it super easy to find the history. 
While getting ready to write this post, I looked them up again. Now, there are hundreds of them for sale!! On the fourth Google page, I gave up hope finding any sort of history.

What I do know is; they are wooden. The dots are hand painted and on the back of the dominoes there is an eagle raised out of the wood. They were produced by Milton Bradley Company before it was taken over by Hasbro, Inc (in 1986). Most of the sellers were saying between the 1940's and 1950's. Which I wouldn't doubt, because I am drawn to anything from that time-frame.



Smiles,
-'- Jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs