COME VISIT OUR NEW ONLINE HOME!

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Love is in the Air...

 

This weekend we sang in Missouri and the whole family came, including Tiffany's boyfriend Jeff. Before we left on Saturday, Jeff (when Tiffany wasn't around) asked if I had my camera, and to keep it near me at all times this weekend. I must have had a puzzled look on my face because then he mentioned that the engagement ring had come in. He was going to ask Tiffany sometime that weekend!
(That was probably the hardest thing I have ever done in my life trying to keep that secret! SO glad he didn't wait too long or I might have burst!)
Saturday evening we checked into our hotel, Mom forgot something in the van. Tiffany & Jeff were going to get it, as well as some pop from the hotel pantry. Jeff quickly told me to get my camera ready. "Oh" I thought "That's going to be romantic!" I envisioned in my mind this nice scene of him on his knee and Tiffany standing there and the "Candlewood Suites" sign in the background. But that's not the way it went down...
I went outside the side door but they were already going into the front door. I put on my best sleuthing mode...by the time I got in to the hotel I thought I had lost them. But there they were right in front of me in the "pantry". I quickly dashed into a hallway and waited. When they started towards the stairs I thought I would make a dash for the elevator...that's where everything went "wrong".

Jeff and Tiff turned around just past the elevator and I was spotted. Tiffany said "Hey Jewel, what are you doing?" *quick think of something* "ummm I was trying to catch you outside because I left my brown bag in the van. Can I have the keys?" It wasn't a lie because I was trying to catch them outside and I did leave my brown bag in the van. Tiffany and I then walked towards each other and she hands me the keys.

While her back was turned, Jeff got down on one knee (that surprised me!) so my face goes into this super smile (I can't hide emotions!)
Tiffany says "Jewel what are you really doing?" *notices the camera*
"Were you taking pictures us or what?"
Me: "No. I'm going to take a picture of you now."
Tiffany says "Oookay?"

After what seemed like an eternity she FINALLY turned around. And the rest, as they say, is history!

Can't wait for the wedding!

-'- Jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come visit us on our new Jewberly Emiris blog home!

All new content is over on www.jewberlyemiris.com

Blog design by Simply Saluma Designs